I mixed up these muffins during the morning rush one day, and everyone stopped as they came through the kitchen.
“What’s that smell?” they all asked, stopping and sniffing some more. “It that our breakfast?”
With cinnamon and apples wafting on the air, they hurried to the table, eager to sample these muffins. My Big Helper didn’t have time to add one to her already-full breakfast plate, and upon the promise of one after school, marched off.
When she returned, she walked in the door, immediately asking for her muffin. Apparently it was on her mind all day.
When the mere smell of something sticks with you throughout seven hours of classes and crazy testing, it must be good.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. white-wheat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 c. applesauce
- Cream the sugar and the butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add alternately with the applesauce.
- Mix until just combined.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.