Sometimes I just crave pizza. You know – the gooey, melt-y cheese, the spicy meats, the abundance of veggies. That doesn’t mean that I always want to make a pizza, though, or that I’m interested in the crust, because as good as it can be, somehow I never get hungry for that specific part.
That’s when I started making this dip. It has all the richness and yumminess of a pizza without the work or carbs of a crust. It’s fun and share-able, and you can even use raw veggies, crackers, or baked pitas as the dippers.
Even better, you can top the dip with your favorite pizza toppings, so you can really customize it to suit you.
So you need an app for this weekend’s party? Here you go.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 t Italian seasoning
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. pizza sauce
- 1/4 c minced onion
- 1/4 c. diced green pepper
- pizza toppings - pepperoni, black olives, etc. (opt)
- Soften cream cheese.
- Mix cream cheese with 1/4 of the mozzarella and the herbs.
- Spread cheese mixture in the bottom of a pie pan.
- Top cheese mixture with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top of the sauce.
- Add additional toppings.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with sliced, raw veggies, crackers, or tortilla chips as dippers.