Last week I made this for my lunch. The kids were happily playing in another room and didn’t seem to be hungry yet, so I sliced up my apple, prepped my nachos, and headed off hungrily to eat.
The peaceful lunch I had planned didn’t last long.
One of the kids ran through the kitchen, headed to find a specific toy, when she noticed my nachos.
“Oh, Mommy, I want that for lunch!” she yelled over her shoulder.
Pretty soon the other one came trotting along to see what looked good in the kitchen, and instead of asking, I found grimy little fingers heading towards my plate.
In the end I shared my nachos, but next time I’ll just make more. It’ll be easier than batting at all of the hands sneaking towards my plate.
- 1 apple, washed and sliced thin
- 2 T. peanut butter
- 2 T. Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Arrange your apple slices on a plate to maximize your surface area.
- Melt the peanut butter, the drizzle it across the sliced apples.
- Sprinkle the granola on top of the peanut butter.
- Eat quickly before someone else does!
What do you like on your nachos?