I love finding easy recipes, and ones that we all like are even better. My kids like this Easy Chicken Chili so much that they fight over who makes it – and I love any recipe that makes that happen!
If you’re really in a hurry, you can use prepackaged ingredients that, while still whole, make throwing this together super easy. You know – a rotisserie chicken, boxed broth, and canned beans. If you have a bit more time, you can cook your own chicken, broth, and beans, and still have a fast, easy, healthy meal on the table in a short amount of time.
One of my favorite things about this chili is its versatility. The broth is really rich and thick, and it tastes great on it’s own. I happen to love putting crunchy things into meals like this, though, and both crackers and tortilla chips work here. I like to top mine with a bit of extra cheese, too, but sour cream could also work if that’s your thing.
Even though the weather is getting warmer, with springtime allergies and runny noses plaguing us, we’ve been enjoying the fragrant steam from our bowls. Give it a try – and let us know what you think.
- 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 small cans of diced green chilis
- 3 cans white beans
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 t cumin
- 1.5 t oregano
- 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack r cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Sautee until clear.
- Add chilis and spices. Stir.
- Add broth and undrained beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Add chicken and cheese.
- Stir until hot and thickened.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, and your favorite chili toppings.