With lots of leftover roasted turkey last week, I was looking for new ways to use it. With the temperatures all over the place and busy birthday plans in place, we decided to put them in fun, new sandwiches. Since I love Brie and hadn’t had it in a while, this became our go-to cheese.
Paired with some yummy soup, this made a great meal for a chilly day, but it’s hearty enough to stand alone or with a light salad, too. With the richness of the Brie, the sandwich has a big, stand-up taste – and yet most of the ingredients are actually pretty light and healthy.
So try it and tell us – is this a keeper at your house?
- hearty, healthy whole wheat bread
- fresh spinach
- shredded mozzarella
- freshly ground black pepper
- thin tomato slices
- red peppers, sliced thin
- a few tablespoons of Italian salad dressing
- melted butter
- Marinate the red peppers in the Italian salad dressing.
- Grill in a grill pan until cooked through and almost caramelized.
- Lightly butter the outside of the bread.
- Build the sandwich with thin slices of Brie next to the bread, then turkey, then a light sprinkling of mozzarella between each layer, with another thin layer of Brie on top.
- Brown over medium-low heat for a few moments on each side until lightly toasted. Using two flippers may facilitate the flipping process. 🙂
- Serve immediately. YUM!