That’s why I was excited to find this recipe. It sounded so good to me – and yet we didn’t have all of the original ingredients, so we played around a little bit.
We ended up with something that takes a few minutes to throw together and then cooks on its own. There are no last minute items to do, which makes it especially great for those days when you have little time at home before dinner.
If you’re a fan of Asian food, this is definitely a recipe to try because it’s just as tasty as it is simple.
What’s your favorite busy-night dish?
Also shared at:
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 grated carrots
- Toss chicken with cornstarch. Set aside.
- Whisk sugar, water, soy sauce, and garlic together.
- Add liquid mixture to slow cooker.
- Add grated carrots and stir to combine.
- Stir chicken into slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice with veggies.