A few weeks ago we made our favorite Foil Babies a new way – with smoked sausage – and it was definitely a winner here. It’s tasty but comes together in just minutes, and then you can hang out with your family while the grill does all the work.
I’m looking forward to serving this when we have company or when there’s a big game on TV. It’s hearty enough to please hard-working people but fresh enough for even the pickiest eaters.
And when dinner’s over? Throw away your foil packet, and voila! the dishes are done!
Smoked Sausage Foil Babies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 35g
Saturated Fat 15g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 321g
Dietary Fiber 40g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 package of smoked sausage, cut into thirds
- 4-6 potatoes, washed and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 c. frozen lima beans
- 1 c. frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 1/2 c. carrots, washed and chopped
- 3 T. butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray or additional butter
- Tear two long sheets of foil.
- Spray foil sheets with cooking spray or coat with butter.
- Place half of the above ingredients on each piece of foil. Be sure to add 2-4 ice cubes to each packet.
- Slice the butter and put a few pats on top of the veggies in each packet.
- Tear two more sheets of foil.
- Line up the edges and fold them over twice to create a good seal on all sides.
- Grill at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately. Yum!
A Nest in the Rocks http://anestintherocks.com/
What’s your favorite grilling meal?