I know a recipe’s good when someone asks me to make it again.
Or when it disappears really, really fast.
That’s what happened with these cookies. They were gone overnight – literally (we did share a few with some kiddie friends) and then everyone started clamoring for more.
These cookies are just that good. While they have the usual amounts of cookie-sugar, though, they’re also have lots of fiber, making them decently healthy cookies. At least, cookies that you can feel good about feeding your family.
Your family won’t care, though. They’ll be too busy eating them.
- 1 c. softened butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/4 c white-wheat flour
- 3 c oats
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add baking soda, salt,, flour, and oats, mixing after each one until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop on baking sheet by the tablespoon.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool on tray for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tray.