Salsa is a totally fun food to me. You can do so many things with it – as a dip, as a topping for meat, as a fun addition to a wrap or sandwich – and fruity, spicy ones are my favorite kinds. When I heard about a strawberry-mango combination last week, I decided to try it.
The kids and I mixed this up last night. It’s super simple and has a great fresh, summery taste. We ate it in grilled haddock wraps, and we’re planning to scoop some up with cinnamon-sugar tortilla points next, and then on grilled jerk chicken after that. I think it would be great in a salad, too!
- 1 c. diced mango (about 1 whole)
- 1 c. diced strawberries
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. diced red onion
- dash of freshly ground salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Dice and combine all ingredients.
- Allow flavors to meld in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
This post has been linked up at: Home to 4 Kiddos.