We made a strawberry pie to take to church last week. It’s super simple but full of fresh flavor, and it’s even pretty good for you. Full of fresh flavor, this pie tastes like spring! We had a total of 45 minutes to get our church potluck offerings ready, and in that time we made a pan of Pizza Casserole and this pie.
My Big Helper tried to talk me into letting her eat four pieces in the space of about twelve hours. If anybody can eat that much pie, it must be good!
So here’s how to make your own Springtime Strawberry Pie.
- 6 c. strawberries, divided
- 3 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 pie shell, homemade baked or prepared graham cracker
- 1 c. whipping cream
You can have this pie pulled together in minutes. Here’s how:
- Whip the cream into whipping cream. Even though my cream was cold, my KitchenAid had this whipped up in under five minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice 2 cups of strawberries. Put into your prepared pie shell and spread out evenly.
- Puree the other four cups of berries.
- Add the cornstarch, water, and honey.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil for two minutes or until color becomes more transparent.
- Slowly pour the strawberry mixture over the sliced berries in the pie shell.
- When the pie is completely cool, top with whipped cream.
What’s your favorite kind of pie?