I’m always trying to find new ways to get veggies in my people.
Since My Little Man ate a head-and-a-half of Romaine for lunch yesterday – by itself, like an apple – it’s not that I’m worried about rickets or anything.
I like expanding our palates, though, and it’s always fun to cook and eat a wider variety of foods. Since everyone here frowns at the sight of zucchini on the kitchen counter, I decided to start with that – and I’m glad I did.
We like this best when the zucchini is sliced then. Grill it long enough to soften it a bit and get the pizza toppings sizzling. You can add whatever you’d like to make it your own perfect pizza bite.
While this may not be the *healthiest* way to eat your veggies, it’s certainly a tasty and healthier way to eat your pizza!
- 1 zucchini
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- olive oil
- dried oregano
- pizza toppings of your choosing
- Wash zucchini.
- Slice zucchini thin - about 1/4".
- Brush both sides of each zucchini slice with a light layer of olive oil.
- Layer each slice with a small amount of pizza sauce, cheese, herbs, and your favorite pizza toppings.
- Grill on a hot grill until toppings are sizzling and zucchini is cooked through.
How do you eat your veggies?